Monday, October 27, 2014

Science + Makeup = Yes, please!

Happy Monday!  Day of opportunities, day of begrudging the end of the weekend, day of the start of plans, and day of change!

Have y'all heard of makeup that adjust to your skin's pH?  Most of these products claim to transform into a color that is the most optimal for your skin.  But.... based on how pH works, it just changes to your pH level and could look anywhere from blah to glamorous.

I have tried 3 products that are in this group and absolutely love all of them!

Tarte Skintuitive Lip Tint in Energy 
This lip gloss is minty and absolutely gorgeous! (Or is that just my pH that's gorgeous? :) ) The transparent pink transforms into pink berry color on lips that stains like you've just eaten red fruits.  It is reminiscent of the original Revlon Just Bitten sticks, but the color is so unique that I haven't found it in any other tube!
Tarte Skintuitive Cheek Stain in Energy
This cheeky product (see what I did there? ;) ) is similar to the lip tint.  I actually tried the lip tint on my cheeks and got the same result as this little blush!  It's nice that the packaging is bigger so you can just swipe it on your cheeks and blend in!  It is so easy to blend in with your fingers!  It is extremely pigmented, however, and can easily make you look like you are actually blushing from something embarrassing happening - so you may want to try it out on your hand the first time!  I can see this working superbly well with a stippling brush, but honestly, it is so easy to blend that I usually just use my fingers!
Physician's Formula PH Matchmaker
First of all... this packaging!  Yes, and there's a mirror with a built in light that you can turn on!  Talk about glamour!  But most importantly, this blush is just fabulously gorgeous!  Now I love cool toned, berry shades, so keep that in mind.  This blush will not give you a coral color if that's what you're looking for.  I love that this blush is pigmented and buildable.  Plus, as natural as it looks, it does look like a smooth pop of color - not like you are actually blushing.

Toodle pip!




No comments:

Post a Comment