Thursday, January 30, 2014

Calling All Girly Tomboys

Confession: I am in my mid-twenties and have just now learned how to apply eyeliner.

As a former tomboy that is discovering all the beauties of makeup, I have to say, eyeliner rocks!  A colorful little line and full-blown mascara?  Oooh, it feels so cute!

One of my favorite little guilty pleasures (as I'm learning about where blush goes and what a highlighter does) is to eye gorgeous makeup online.  I absolutely LOVE sets as you can try lots of different products at once!  So, you'll notice... these are all sets, and all from Sephora.com! Ready to see some beauties?  Grab a cup of something and oggle with me!

So first of all, isn't this the most perfectly compact, basic & classic little set?  Two lipsticks, three eyeshadows, and a sparkly lipgloss are tucked into a little case that is perfect to toss in your purse.


http://www.sephora.com/everyday-pretty-lip-eye-palette-P382579?skuId=1562073
Bobbi Brown Everyday Pretty Lip & Eye Palette ($30)
Now, if you love glitter like me, ooooo-er!  Check this palette out!  I love sparkly shadows and purple shadows, so mix them together and it's perfection!  I'm still learning how to do the whole blending thing, but I love a gorgeous color all over the eyelid!  This palette also has 4 gorgeous lip shades.  I wonder if Bobbi Brown could make a compact lip palette with those beauties?
Bobbi Brown Twilight Pink Lip & Eye Palette ($80)
Here's another little compact.  And by little, I mean little!  I think it's about the size of an i-Phone!  Check out the variety of shadows (and the sparkle! Oh, the sparkle...), a blush, a bronzer, and a super shimmery highlight.  The highlight looks really chunky, and though I love glitter, I don't completely want to have chunky glitter on my face.
Too Faced Glamour To Go ($22, now $18)
Did I mention the purple and sparkly shadows call my name?  This eye palette has a pretty blend of purples and neutrals.  It highly reminds me of the Bobbi Brown Twilight Palette, minus the adorable lippies.
Sephora Primal Instincts Eyeshadow Palette ($28, now $15)
Ahhhhh..... purple and sparkle.... it strikes again.
Too Faced Boudoir Eyes ($36)
Now this baby looks like a great palette to take for traveling!  With a pretty pop of blush, a bronzer that looks like a blush/bronzer combo, and a mix of matte and shimmery shadows, it's all of the color you'll need for a week away from home!
Tarte Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette ($44)
I cannot believe how darn cute this little candy bar is!  It fits inside an i-Phone case!  INSIDE!  As in: there are 11 shadows, a bronzer, and a blusher that you could fit in a pocket! (Though probably not your pocket as most girls' pockets hold no more than a few quarters.)  Don't the shadows just look lovely?  My favorite part is that it looks like each shadow would look great on its own - you know, for those girls that are still learning the blending technique!

Too Faced Candy Bar ($25)
And lastly: this little beauty!  Four lipsticks in one and they are all neutral and beautifully radiant pops of color!
Too Faced Natural Kiss ($24, now $19)


Ah, daydreaming of colors and makeup.... I think I may need a little lie down from all this gorgeousness.  But I hear some sparkles calling my name.  Off to see what they want.  Be back later for more day dreams.

What are you dreaming of today?

Sparkly Twirls

No comments:

Post a Comment