Monday, August 11, 2014

Makeup Questionnaire

Hi y'all!  How's your day?  Mine has been spectacularly calm - ya know what I mean?  We just got back from a big, annual family trip with one side of my husband's family.  After a week of enormous non-stop family fun, filled to the brim with sunshine, sunscreen, bikes, dresses, wet swimsuits, stories from the day, games upon board games, and seafood dinners out..... today has been a calm day full of fresh food, simply ordinary activities, peaceful chores, dancing, and enjoyment of our home.

One of my favorite bloggers does a weekly questionnaire which looked really interesting this week!  This is all the idea of Karen from the Makeup and Beauty Blog!

Here we go!

1. What’s the weirdest thing in your refrigerator right now?
Diet Cokes!  It's only weird because my husband doesn't drink soda and I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners.  Why then, you ask, do we have cans of Diet Coke in our fridge? Our friends and family loves them, so we're ready for any visits! :)
2. Some of the best moments are [FILL IN THE BLANK].
Spontaneous! For example, a spur of the moment trip to the movie theater late at night or a day trip just because.  One of the best moments for me was when we went on a rescue mission when our friends got stuck two hours away during a cross-country move.
3. [FILL IN THE BLANK] brings me major makeup joy.
Eye liners! or a bright lip! Sometimes when I'm wearing no other makeup, one of those will make me feel fierce!
4. [FILL IN THE BLANK] is overrated.

Cheerfulness! Don't get me wrong.... I don't mean that it's not important to be happy.  I mean that it's more important to feel what you feel.  Happy today? Awesome! Angry at the moment? It's still part of a beautiful life! It's alright to feel what you feel, a concept us grown ups often forget about.
5. Shimmer or matte?


Shimmer!  Cause unlike a student who once said she doesn't want to be a sparkly purply unicorn, I totally would love to be!  Sparkly nails and lips, sparkly skirts and sparkly jewels... some might say tacky, but I think it is beautiful!

In other news... with 6 of us at the beach for a week, we ran through 3 bottles of sunscreen, only one of which ended up in a river. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment